My Workbench

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Advent Beer Christmas

Wow! I am just blown away by my girls! My oldest daughter just gave my wife and I the most thoughtful gift, a beer advent calendar with a different German, Bavarian and Austrian beer for each day from December 1 through December 24. She packed them in two nicely wrapped boxes with 12 beers in each box. She hand picked every beer and researched each one in order to write a short review for the beers on sticky notes placed above each bottle or can in the box. On top of that is another note with the date the beer is to be consumed. Many are pints so there's plenty to split with the wife. All my daughter asked in return was for both of us to write down what we think of each one and send it to her.









My wife taped the bottle cap over December 1 on our kitchen calendar. By Christmas eve there will be a cap for every day except the days there is a can.
My review of the first beer, a Dortmunder:
I didn't taste any cooky, but malty yes definitely, with an aftertaste like just eating a slice of sourdough bread. Very nice! My wife liked it too.

2 comments:

Stew said...

A very nice gift for a beer lover! Super thoughtful. I like the picture with the mug. πŸ˜€
(I’m more of a wine guy myself πŸ˜€).

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

I like red wines too Stew....and single malt scotch....and bourbon.....and tequila.....and rum 😏🍺🍷πŸ₯ƒπŸΈπŸΉ