My Workbench

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Lindberg 1:144 Caravel Pinta

Happy Thanksgiving Holidays to all my Yank friends. I hope you all get to stuff yourselves to your hearts content! I know I plan to.

While completing another home project and starting a new one, I have been taking an hour here and there in the evenings to work on the second of the Lindberg Ships of Columbus pack, the Pinta. This one is also a typical caravel although somewhat larger than the Nina. Again the four cannon with the pack are much too small and the wrong century, so I made four more late 15th century bombards and a couple of small swivel Falconets. Also, like the Nina, I cut the hull to waterline and then finished the bottom and mounted it to the stand so I can set the model on it for full hull display. The gap is a bit distracting but if you don't inspect it to closely, it doesn't look too bad.














Sorry for the poor quality photos. The camera on my J7 Samsung is nowhere near as nice as the one on my old Note.

2 comments:

Stew said...

Yeah, it doesn’t look too bad at all... lol.
Fine modeling there.
I find that house projects suck away hobby time like nothing else...except children. 😀

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Stew, yeah they do cut into hobby time but I do want to stay active and not get sedentary in retirement, so I don't mind the projects.