My Workbench

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

New Box of 1/700 Ships

 Today I picked up my first order from Mann of War Miniatures (Simon Mann). 



Purisima Conception post 1791 112-guns

San Jose 112-guns

Tonant/Bucentaure 80-guns

1/700 scale anchors
Comparison with Warlord anchors on the left, MWM on the right

These models are beautifully detailed and sturdy, and best of all there appears to be places for rigging tie-off. I will report more on that as I get into building them. 

So currently I am working on one of Henry Turner's 3D models, the Danish 60-gun Holsteen:

After that I have eleven more of Henry's, six of Simon's FDM prints and now three resin prints, and four of his 1/1200 resin prints. Not to mention the seven additional Warlord Games Black Seas ships awaiting my attention. The there is the one hundred or so metal 1/1200 ships of various make and a dozen or so scratchbuilt hulls in various stages of construction also waiting patiently. One can never have too many minis, right?

5 comments:

JTW said...

Those look like great hulls Vol, and I love the paintwork you've done on the Holsteen. The coloring is beautiful, spot on.

But sadly it sounds like you're getting dangerously low on models. Probably time to put in another order!

caveadsum1471 said...

Danish ship is coming along nicely, they all look like nice clean pronts/castings!
Best Iain

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Haha, yes never enough. Thanks, I had my artist daughter help me with mixing the proper color. Did you get a chance to look at the Spanish ship in the previous post? That came out really well for an FDM print I thought. And when are you going to do another ship my friend?

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Iain, I am having difficulty finding time right now to work on Holsteen so her progress is slower than usual.
Regards,
Vol

Stew said...

Those are some nice looking hulls. I’m sure you’ll do wonders with them. 😀
Though your lead pile sounds like it’s getting thin! That needs bulking out!