My Workbench

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Correcting Post

 One of my SOG friends across the pond  pointed out I had the wrong post 1801 ensign and Jack on the Bounty with the red Irish saltire. In 1789 during the infamous breadfruit voyage the Union Jack did notyert exist. So I have replaced them with the proper jack and ensign.



Looking back I also realized I made the same mistake on HMS Pandora, the frigate sent to find Bounty. So I changed that one as well.


My current work in progress is a Pyro plastic kit of HM Bounty in 1/190 scale.


I haven't built a full hull plastic kit in quite a while and I am not at all sure what I'll be able to do with it. It has a full plastic sail compliment that I don't really like and really awful plastic ratlines. Not a whole lot of parts either so I may add a few things. The thing that really depresses me is the original $1 price tag!




4 comments:

Stew said...

I had some wrong flags on my ships too at one point. 😀

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

The last RN ship I did was HMS Captain and I got the pre-1801 ensign right on that one. I guess I just wasn't paying enough attention to the ship dates on these last two. As I said earlier, I'm getting lazier in my old age, haha

caveadsum1471 said...

Lovely looking pair of ships, now with their correct pre union flags,easily done,especially as the change happened during the Napoleonic war!
Best Iain

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Iain. I am surprised no one said anything about the incorrect ensign on Pandora when I posted her back in December. She was wrecked in 1791 afterall and would never have worn the Union flag.