My Workbench

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Strelets 1/72 Saxon Guarde du Corps & Rusian Ulans

I just finished my first Napoleonic figures ever. I decided to try plastic this time and chose Strelets 1/72 scale. I picked three groups: Saxon Guarde du Corps, Rusian Ulans, and Russian Mounted Jaegers. I found out painting plastic is way different than painting metal. Even after washing the figures well, my first attempt at priming flaked right off. I then purchased a can of plastic primer and used it with les than satisfactory results. I finally dipped the figures in Rustoleum Spar Varnish. I was then able to paint them with acrylics and apply a final coat of varnish. The paint job is holding up now pretty well.  Here are the Uhlans:





And here are the Saxons:









And here is the battle






 





I haven't finished the Mounted Jaegers yet, but here are the horses. I am taking a break to finish another 1:1200 Langton ship.





2 comments:

Paul Howes said...

Not my favourite figures, but then I have no skill for painting mine I bought years ago. However I like all those toy soldiers you`ve painted, yes they are kind-da Cool. Well done. BB

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thank you BB. I had a peek at your blog and it appears you've painted quite a few toy soldiers as well! And with more than a modicum of skill I might add!