Here is my latest build, an 18th-19th century xebec, modeled as a Spanish privateer.
I have used foam, cereal box carboard, wood skewers and toothpicks, steel wire, TP for the aft awning, cotton thread for rigging, and cloth for the sails. The only 3D prints are the 16 guns, deck boat, and anchor. This one took a while since I only worked on it for a short time in the evenings.
 |
| Getting the basic shape with foam and cardboard decks |
 |
| Sides built up with card and the deck extended a bit |
 |
| All guns are mounted now |
 |
| Sizing the masts |
 |
| putting in the hoops for the aft awning cover |
 |
| TP awning cover strengthened with PVA/water, then painted |
 |
| Beauty Shots |
10 comments:
This is really an amazing scratchbuild. Good to see that you toiling away at your workbench in the heat of summer.
Another little work of art. I imagine evenings are a good time to work Vol, to escape the heat.
Just magnificent as always!
Best wishes, James
Thanks Jon
How is wargaming these days?
Well thank you James, much appreciated! And best wishes to you as well and success in your Napoleonic endeavors.
Thanks Lawrence
Summers are busy for us, even with the heat. Early evenings just before supper is my time to relax in the dungeon.
Gaming has been reduced in 2026 and F2F gaming has almost been non-existent. Maybe we can get in a F2F game once your busy summer season slows down?
I'm always up for a game! Just tell me when. I can put off yard work for a day.😇
Gorgeous as always, splendid little scratchbuild!
Best Iain
Thanks Iain
Post a Comment