Last March I started working on an old 1950s-1960s plastic Pyro HMS Bounty model kit I picked up on ebay. This kit is very basic having very little detail. Like non-existing channel/chains for the ratlines. almost no deck detail, and what there is was in the wrong place. I had to make a lot of modifications.
One error I discovered in this painting is that the bounty was copper clad prior to her breadfruit voyage.
|I didn't use anything from the white sprue|
|Verifying the scale|
|Strange details. If these are oars they are nowhere near the boat mounting area. If they are gun tools then they are not correct.|
|I added some steering detail|
|And some anchor winch detail|
|The weird mounds I assume are supposed to be rope coils for the guns but they are placed in the way for some of the guns, right in front of the ports.|
|Adding the non-existent channels|
|And the chains|
|Anchor details added|
|My quick ratline jig|
|Tracing out the sails on some cloth|