My Workbench

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

My WWII US Fleet

This is my WWII US fleet, finished and labeled. The ships are all 1/2400 scale and PLA printed, except for one GHQ model, USS Pennsylvania.

Flattops, battleships, and cruisers

Destroyers: Fletcher class, Farragut class, Mahan class, and Porter class
Submarines: Gato class and Balao class

I also added the same tpe of labels to my British and Japanese fleets.



There are more ships I want to do for the Japanese and British fleets. I also want to start French and Italian fleets, maybe even a Russian fleet. And I still need to add labels to the German ships. 

But, I have to stop! Why, you ask! Well, because it's booknook and diorama season of course! It's time to get cracking on Christmas orders from my children! The orders this year are a Shelob vs. Samwise Gamgee or a Dark Lord Sauron nook,  and a diorama model of Hogsmeade from the Harry Potter universe.

It's already a week into November, so I am going to have to move it!

9 comments:

rct75001 said...

Superbly painted and based - excellent models also especially as they are FDM printed.
Richard

Jonathan Freitag said...

I really do not know how you do it. This such an impressive sight. Beyond description, really. Looking forward to seeing these navies in person one day.

El Grego said...

Beautiful!

Lawrence H said...

I have been looking forward to your next tranche of ships and these look terrific. I found it difficult to stop once I got started and have never felt on such a roll as when painting WWII ships. Beautiful work.

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Yes they are addicting, especially when you have a printer and can just keep printing, and printing, and printing...
I just lazily paint them all the same way! But yours! All of those intricate camouflage patterns and distinctive markings, wow! Outstanding stuff Lawrence. Are you using any of Mal Wright's books on WWII Naval Camoflage patterns? His newest Imperial Japanese Navy book just posted on Amazon.

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Richard. My Ender 5 Pro does good work with ships, from the sailing variety to the more modern variety.

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Jon, high praise from the extraordinary detail painter of 10MM up through 30MM minis!
And you will see them! Don't know when, but you will. I just brought home a carry case today that holds the US and IJN fleets nicely. I need to go back and get another one for the Britsh, German and Italian fleets.

caveadsum1471 said...

Another splendid fleet in record time! Good luck with your nook dioramas, I enjoyed last year's and look forward to these!
Best Iain

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Iain.
I still want to do some more, but they will have to wait until after the Holidays.