My Workbench

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

1/1200 HMS Aeolis 32-Gun Frigate

It has been four years this month since I completed a 1/1200 scale sailing ship. I used to  these little guys out one after another, no problem. This was hard! I suppose I have become somewhat spoiled by the larger 1/700 scale sailing ships I have been building since then. And it's been eight months since I've built one of those. 

I finished rigging this little ship today. Not my best work, but hey.






There are six more 1/1200 ships to finish: two needing spars, sails, and rigging; four needing just rigging.









8 comments:

Lawrence H said...

That looks great Vol. The rigging looks quite fiddly, but you haven't lost your touch.

Jonathan Freitag said...

Beautiful work, Vol!

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Lawrence, but compared to my past work this ship should be named HMS Charlie Brown, haha

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Jon

Stew said...

It’s been a long time since I’ve touched the 1/1200 ships as well. Just too many other projects.
That one came out nicely though. 😀

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Yes, soooo many other projects!

Anonymous said...

Excellent looking ship, it's always hard going back!
Best Iain

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Iain, and yes it is