My Workbench

Monday, December 17, 2018

Navwar Swedish 70 Gun SOL Konung Adolph Frederik

This is the Navwar 70 gun ship of the line Konung Adolph Frederik, launched from Karlskrona in 1775. She appears to have had a long run of service and was finally broken up in 1825. I was unable to find out anything more about this ship's history.

Dimensions:
    Length 174 ft; Breadth 46 ft; Depth of Hold 21 ft

Armament: Broadside weight = 628 Swedish pounds or 588.4 lbs
Lower gun deck = 26 x 24 pounders
Upper gun deck = 26 x 18 pounders
Quarterdeck and Forecastle = 18 x 6 pounders

As with most of the Navwar ships I build, everything is scratch built except the hull.












3 comments:

Stew said...

I think the ship looks very purdy! 😀
Though 70 seems like a weird number of guns, but what do I know about Swedish. 😀

BrianW said...

I like that white stripe with yellow trim paint job!

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks guys. I do like building Navwars