My Workbench

Friday, March 18, 2022

Mines of Moria Infinity Book Nook

Ok this is my last booknook for a while! I am going back to the ships and am already half way done with HMS Bounty.

I got the idea for this nook from a North of the Border Youtube video about a similar infinity Moria nook. Mine is quite a bit taller and deeper.

Sorry for the quality of the photos. The nook is best viewed in the dark as the low light of the mines is impossible to see in a lighted room. 




The build

First I collected photos of Moria pillars

Sketching out the pillar blanks 

blanks are 1/2" foam core

Patterns cut from card stock

pieces laid out on corrugated cardboard


The top

Pillar piece box

Pillars under construction

The basic structure with a mirror propped up against the back

two way mirror in place on the front and Finished

You can see the light switch in this shot








My next post will be the Bounty!



6 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

Neat work! Looking forward to seeing a return to the shipyard.

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Jonathan. Hey I read your article on incentive results from the wargaming survey. Didn't realize you were a Karwansaray contributer

Stew said...

Great job Vol. I’m really impressed with the building know how you got. I’d be all dumb even trying such a thing. Kinda reminds me of my grad father who could build anything (in a good way). 😀

caveadsum1471 said...

Splendid nook build, lovely precise work on the columns!
Best Iain

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Stew! When I was a young whippersnapper like you, I didn't know how either! 🤣🤣

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Iain, much appreciated