My Workbench

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

WWII British Fleet

I'm not sure what inspired me. It may have been the plastic models of IJN Micasa, Yamato, and Akagi my wife and daughter gifted me; or it may have been watching the Little Wars "Battle of the Denmark Strait videos on YouTube. Whatever it was, I went a bit crazy and printed every ship file I could get my hands on. I resized everything to 1/1200 to match the scratch built Bismark I did, along with two GHQ Micronaut WWII models I have.

IJN, German, RN, and USN

Three Merchants I found

Royal Navy progress

It's the summer work season now so I'm not getting much done on the hobby front. Mostly piddling with different things, reorganizing books, and a 1/450 3rd rate.


Arrogant class 3rd rate

I hope everyone is having a great summer!

9 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

These all look fab! When do you expect to get them into a game?

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Haha, well I suppose when I bring them over to your house!

Jonathan Freitag said...

Seems a solid plan to me.

Stew said...

That sounds like a natural consequence of having 3d printer. Instant fleet and project backlog. 😀

caveadsum1471 said...

Great looking ww2 ships and a lovely 3rd rate!
Best Iain

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Iain. I still need to knock out the German fleet at least, to play. Other stuff just keeps getting in the way.

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Absolute Truth! On both counts! My plastic pile is approaching the size of my lead pile!

Lawrence H said...

Great stuff Vol. I'll be following these with interest, especially the WW II ships.

A Miniatures Hobby Room said...

Thanks Lawrence. As I mentioned, I got a bit distracted, then took a commision for a Spanish Armada uncas. When I finish that, maybe I can get back to the WWII ships. Jon says he wants to try a game.